I had an epiphany, wake-up call, what-have-you last night. I was reading one the Shape success stories (not Kath’s, however hers is inspiring) and thinking about how easy good health is. The funny thing about my weight gain is that, in spite of all my concern about how I look over the years, the thing that makes me most unhappy is the way I feel. Me being anything less than healthy is ridiculous. If I had to name my top ten favorite foods almost all of them would be low-calorie/high-nutrition. If I had to name my top ten favorite pastimes almost all of them involve calorie-burning moving activity. It seems a little silly!
I think the main roadblocks right now are:
- I wait too long to eat and then I’m ravenous
- I’ve gotten into the habit of eating at night (either that or I eat way too little during the day and am legitimately starved at night)
- I do too much at the gym too quickly and rehurt old injuries (I have terrible joints)
- My job is life-consuming and sometimes I feel to awful to make it to the gym
And here are my solutions:
- For the next few weeks I will always carry healthy food in my purse
- I will make a temporary rule that there is no eating after dinner
- In spite of my excitement I will start with short, easy workouts and slooooowly work my way up
- (It takes 28days to make a habit) For the next month I will go to the gym everyday; even if it is for a 5minute session
Please wish me luck! Now on to the food. I started this morning with a yummy smoothie. (For my husband and I) I put a small baggie of frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen strawberries, one frozen banana, a tbsp of good maple syrup, and a big splash of oj into the blender.
It was delish!
I few hours later I ate a plum on the walk to Staples.
And a few hours after that I ate a mini Luna bar on the way to the gym.
I did a quick workout; 20minutes of intervals on the elliptical and some abs and stretching. I dressed festively,
because afterwards my husband met me for The West Indian Day Parade!
It was wonderful, almost like Carnival back home.
We walked about 1.5miles and it was packed!
We planned on eating some yummy food, but the lines were all super long.
Instead I shared a gigantic homemade lemonade with my husband (lemonade shown with husband).
The lemonade was great, but didn’t quite cut it hungerwise so now I’m having a small romaine salad with a CokeZero.
Topped with a few spritzes of “Balsamic Breeze,” some hazlenuts, and a mix of dried cranberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cherries.
I have a ton to do, so I’m going to scurry off, tata for now!