Morning! I woke up at 8/9 today – thanks daylight savings! 🙂 The only bad thing is that my parents (who still live in St. Thomas) don’t do daylight savings, so calling them gets a little trickier.
Before I post breakfast, I want to let everyone know that husband and I decided to do Kath’s Thanksgiving Challenge. (Click link for more info) We’ve modified it a few ways to suit us. 1) We are only doing $100 until Thanksgiving, not including the big meal, 2) We are allowing one “free” meal out a week, 3) We are not including liquor/booze – A drinks with co-workers on Fridays and wasn’t keen on giving it up.
We are starting with a mildly stocked freezer and pantry, but I think this will be pretty hard as NYC’s food prices are getting up there. Here are some (dark) shots of what we have on hand:
For my first challenge meal, Eggtastic Oats!
I microwaved 1/4C oatmeal, and a pinch of salt with 1/2C water for 2.5minutes then set it aside. Then I microwaved 1 egg in a small bowl for 1minute. Topped the oatmeal with the egg, then topped with some fresh thyme, a pinch of parm, and some pepper. All mixed together,
Yum! Small but protein packed.
I’m not sure what the schedule today will be; I’m still feeling sick and A is starting to join me. 😦 We have to do laundry, I have to plan my next unit, and I have some cooking I want to do.
On the topic of schedules, it’s going to be a busy month, so it seemed like a good I idea to fill my readers in on my general plans –
- 11/4 – Vote (for the first time!!!), school without children, and a late doctor’s appointment in the city
- 11/6 – 1st theme night! you’ll have to wait and see what this means
- 11/11 – Veteran’s Day, no school
- 11/14-11/16 – head to PA for A’s sister’s birthday party
- 11/17, 11/18 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- 11/27 – Turkey Day; travel is expensive so our plan right now is to do our first Thanksgiving together and stay in the city
- 12/11 – A’s 23rd birthday!
- 12/12 – the Nutcracker Ballet
- 12/21 – 1st night of Hanukkah
- 12/24 – Christmas Break begins!
I’m sure our schedule will have lots of additions, but that is the basic (packed) plan! Look at what I caught A drawing on the calendar the other day.