Sorry for my absence yesterday, I feel pretty awful still, but yesterday was a blur. In spite of feeling like hell, it is officially one month until my one year anniversary, and I like to be hot for my husband. So I pulled out my at home dumbbells and did 6 sets of ten of some different arm exercises.
When I got out of the shower I finished off the freezer and made A and I some cold-fighting smoothies.
I used frozen peaches, strawberries, and banana, and a splash of skim milk, ground flax seed, and maple syrup. Alongside Flinstone vits. I’m coming back to add that my smoothies were just too freezer-burnt, I threw mine out about a 1/4 through 😦
I also made popsicles!
I used a 6oz container of nonfat plain Fage, 1.5t maple syrup, and about 3/4C frozen strawberries, which filled three pop cups,
I’ll let you know how they turn out.
I have a long to do list today, especially because we are tackling our big Christmas project, so we are headed to Target, Kodak, and Trader Joes. Look at our post challenge food shortage:
I also have some school work to do and need to cook dinner. I’ve got to scurry off, but first…..
Even though I missed Turkey Day I still have things to be thankful for, including
- my wonderful husband with whom I’ll be celebrating my one year married (and six years together) anniversary in a month!
- my parents who are still healthy and gave me the best childhood I could have imagined
- my ability to feel fat in my jeans because it means I have the ability to afford food to gain weight and that I can look at my clothes beyond pure utility
- the fact that I despise my job, because whatever it is I do after this will be a joy
- the fact that my country made (in my opinion) the right choice and Barack Obama will be our new president
There are so many more. What are you thankful for?