It’s later than I’d like, so I’ve got to hurry, but I’m done! It was a satisfying Sunday and I’ll be ready to get back to the grind tomorrow.
We slept in a bit, I’m feeling better today but still not 100%, and then got up to a yummy breakfast. I made my best bowl of oats yet!
A 1/3C of oats cooked with a medium banana. Raisins stirred in, topped with shredded coconut, a splash of skim milk, and a spoon of sunflower butter. One of my best friends called right as I put this down so it sat for 30minutes before the first bite and was still delicious!
My friend who called was actually my maid of honor in my wedding, it was great to hear from her. She lives in Boston but we are both too busy to make visits so we miss each other a ton. A and I took a trip to Boston over our spring break last year so we are keeping our fingers crossed for this year. How are you coping with being apart from high school/college friends?
I did some school work and then made a tasty sandwich out of these ingredients:
I toasted an everything bagel, spread it with french onion lite Laughing Cow, and topped it with 2 slices of turkey and a dollop of the artichoke caper spread. Open faced.
I ate my sandwich alongside some organic baby carrots and two slices of Brauburn apple (they wouldn’t fit in my lunch I packed for tomorrow).
We did more, more, more school work before we headed out to do some laundry. I will be so excited when I live in a house with a washer and dryer, the laundromat trips are not fun! I did some work while I washed and snacked on half a gingersnap from the muffin place across the street.
When we got home, after more work, we made a tasty meal from Rachael Ray Magazine. This was the “Salsa Verde Bake.”
I modified the recipe a bit, so I’m posting what I did.
- 4 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 16oz jar salsa verde (we used medium but I’d suggest mild)
- 20oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1C fat free sour cream (I would recommend using plain yogurt, but A doesn’t eat it)
- 3C crushed whole wheat tortilla chips
- 8oz lite Mexican style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375*. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put shredded chicken into a large bowl (I stewed and shredded the chicken earlier in the day) along with onion, kidney beans, salsa, and sour cream. Mix together.
- Lay 1C of chips in the baking pan. Top with chicken mixture. Top chicken with 1C of chips and a layer of cheese. Add another layer of chicken, another layer of chips, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 20minutes.
Look how yummy!
My plate, alongside a Heineken Light!
Later on I had a cup of tea while I finished making my materials for the week.
This was my first cup of “Candy Cane Lane” decaf green tea. It tastes good, but the smell is out of this world amazing!
And finally, I ate a 1/2C of Kashi (mostly Crunch with a little bit of Go Lean) with some skim milk and a splash of eggnog.
I topped it with cinnamon and it was the perfect dessert.
This week will be my first full, five day week in a while and I’m a little scared! The next three weeks are all full weeks. Poor timing, because this is officially the time when I have to get back to the gym! Wish me luck, balancing my crazy life. What will make your holiday season crazy this year?