It’s the third night of Hanukkah, but this was the first night when I really felt at peace. We didn’t get to actually do the ceremony at sundown (my schedule means I Never do) but I greatly enjoyed using our new menorah. It is really fun to build my own holiday traditions with A. (Just so everyone’s not confused, you will see me celebrating holidays from both faiths this year – it’s the way I grew up and at this point I consider myself spiritual. Feel free to ask, I just don’t think this post is the place) Look at our new menorah though!
It’s been a fun, but busy night. I stared with a small slice of extra-sharp cheddar,
and then delved straight into elfing! We used the following stuff,
to make this,
part of our gift to the in-laws! NO ONE reads this blog, but just to be safe I’m not posting the other stuff. We will pack the pretzels into their containers when we head out tomorrow.
I managed not to eat too many nibbles while I was cooking, because I had a good dinner coming up. I split a giganto sweet potato with A,
I topped my half with SmartBalance and a small sprinkle of salt.
And then I had this frozen meal – swoon!!!!! I so so so so so recommend this item.
This is my favorite (frozen or non) thing ever! I found them in a little grocery store here the other day and was so excited. The same store was also majorly packing Lara Bars, so you should see some fun new flavors on here soon.
We also cracked open this bottle of wine while we pretzled. I’m waaay to immature for wine, but I really liked this.
We bought it in a local wine store on 7th Ave. What a cute label.
We head to PA tomorrow! We have all sorts of fun stuff coming up, so I’ll let you in on the excitement:
- tomorrow – Sunday we are headed to PA to visit my in-laws for Christmas
- on the 27th we are going snowboarding with A’s sister
- then on the 28th we are having the least romantic 1year anniversary ever: we board a bus back to nyc in the a.m, unpack, repack, board a plane to Miami that night! which means…
- …we are headed to Miami to visit my parents (they still live in St. Thomas, we are all flying for a visit) from the 29th-the 1st
- and finally we have 4 days of freedom at home before we head back to hell school
1st fun event though – we have “A Carebears Nutcracker” to watch tonight in bed! Holly geez I love this movie. I searched to find it again for years and this year it showed up at Blockbusters! Who has ever seen “Carebears in Wonderland”?