It’s been another ravenous day, lots of snacking has taken place. Before we went on our walk I rediscovered this fancy-shmancy box of chocolate covered figs my parents bought me for Christmas.
We all had one on vacation and decided I’m the only family member who likes figs!
It was a chilly-willy night outside so we hurried to the store and back as quickly as possible. As soon as we got home I got cracking on dinner. Here are some of the ingredients in the line-up.
I’m not telling you what I made yet though, you’ll have to keep scrolling! I did some nibbling while I cooked, then I tried a new dark chocolate coconut Kashi bar while the food was cooking.
This was yummy, it was a little smaller than other bars though, I’ll probably eat these as desserts.
Finally I attacked this unsuspecting clementine couple while the baking finished.
I think part of the hunger issue was that the house smelled so good! For dinner I made baked chicken topped with this,
and Butternut Squash Baked Mac-n-Cheese. I’ve seen similar dishes on the Food Network but this recipe was all my own.
- 4servings of whole wheat elbow pasta
- 4oz 50% reduced cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15oz canned butternut squash
- 1/2C skim milk
- 3/4t ground mustard
- 1/2C shredded parmesean
- 1/4C Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3t SmartBalance Light, melted
- Preheat oven to 375*. Spray a small, square baking dish with Pam.
- Prepared the pasta, al dente, according to the directions of the box. Drain. Pour hot pasta back into the pot and stir in milk, cheddar, squash, mustard, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Pour pasta mixture into the baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs, butter, and parmesean. Bake for 30minutes and allow to rest before serving.
This was the final product.
And here is my portion alongside my chicken.
I had a half piece of chicken because I knew I’d eat this after dinner;
It’s been a long day, and I’m feeling off, so I’m heading to bed. Sweet dreams kids!