Unfortunately the title refers to my current drinking status – my lack of last night postage was because I passed out fully dressed on the bed! To be fair, A did too, so I think we were mostly tired. Cuban Night was a super fun date night – we had mojitos, cubanos, and plantains!
Here were the food components:
And the mojito ingredients:
We used a Stirrings mix as the base to make these yummy mojitos.
For two drinks we used 3 shots of Cruzan rum, 1C of mojito mix, and 1C of club soda. I love love love mojitos and I thought this mix was just as good as a muddled drink. Of course the bar I worked at back home makes the best mojitos EVER but that is because they are made with love (and homemade simple syrup). Here is the website; see if you can spot me on the staff page!
We used the George Foreman my mommy bought me in college to make the Cubanos. They were not authentic (of course not, because I don’t eat pork), but still pretty darn tasty. On the assembly line.
We used “Portuguese rolls” from our grocery store. Mine was topped with yellow mustard, a slice of swiss cheese, 5 pieces of thin sliced turkey, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and pickle slices.
We reheated the Goya brand plantains, and here was the final result.
My sandwich was nice and toasty,
and the plantains were perfectly gooey!
We had a great time!
This morning A had to head off to grad school at Pace so I am all alone. I cheered myself up with a nice bowl of oatmeal.
This was 1/3C oats cooked with a small banana; with 3T raisins stirred in; topped with 1T butterscotch chips and splash of skim milk.
I have a busy day/weekend ahead. On the agenda for today is
- a trip to the post office to remail my bf’s Christmas present that the post office returned
- a trip to the small grocery store to replenish the skim milk
- several trips to specialty stores in the Slope – I’ve been sending my daddy packages of neat candy and he called me last night with an order request!
- a Pilates class at Crunch in the afternoon (fingers tightly crossed that I actually make it to the gym)
- and tons upon tons of school work. It is essential that I get my TAN up to date before Monday
What is your favorite kind of non-American food? I’d say Thai.