Hello hello agaipn! I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since my last post! For some reason the last week was just crazy, I was literally coming home and going straight to bed. I can’t even do a backlog post because I don’t even have pictures!
Here are some highlights from the last week –
- I saw the movie Slumdog Millionaireon Thursday and have decided it was the best movie I’ve ever seen ever! It was beyond amazing and I am officially begging all of my blog readers to go see it and tell me what you think!
- I found out that both of my parents are stopping in from time to time (hi Dad!) so I need to be a more regular poster.
- It turns out that in two of the 8th grade classes (I teach one but not the other) almost every student is failing every subject. In a last-ditch fix we will be moving kids around over the next couple weeks which is exciting and little scary, so some of my rosters will be changing.
- I called parents from my worst class and 2boys will have a mother sitting with them in class on Monday! I was so excited about this I actually cackled.
On Friday (yesterday) I did manage to take a few pictures, just not post! I didn’t actually eat much yesterday so picture-taking wasn’t very hard. We are basically out of food, so there was no breakfast, and for lunch I packed a slight twist on my usual – 2clementines with a lowfat drinkable yogurt.
The yogurt was honey vanilla flavored and from Ronnybrook Farms, a local company.
When I got home from school I found an exciting package from my parents with these inside –
I had to tear into some Valentine’s themed candy, but I stuck to a serving size (7, 100calories).
A is the sweetest man on Earth, and he knows how stressed I am so he gave me a massage. Sadly for him, he is so good it actually knocked me out and I was in bed at 7pm! 2hours later I woke up fully dressed under the covers to A coming home with a pizza!
Fresh mozzarella! He was nice enough to share and I actually ate 2.5 pieces, quickly!
When I woke up this morning, I was ready to get back to normal sleeping/eating/working habits. What better way to start the day than oatmeal?
I made a bowl of Cinnamon Raisin Squared! 1/3C oats cooked with a small banana. After cooking I stirred in cinnamon and raisins. Then I topped it with a big spoon of PBCompany cinnamon raisin pb.
Perfecto! I have a busy to-do list today so I needed some brain food.
- work on my resume with the help of my talented friend C who used to work at the job-center of UM
- call my MA friends about my visit next weekend!
- work on school applications for next year!
- go to Target and use some gift cards to restock out empty pantry
- do hours of work on some school projects.
Tomorrow will be another busy day, so it is particularly crucial that today be productive. Wish me luck! What is on your to-do list for today?
*****P.S. Cross your fingers for me that I finally win an online contest! This one is for a SimpleBar give-a-way over at StrawberryShortStuff!