My final flights went well yesterday and we made it home by 1am. In spite of the late bedtime I hopped out of bed at 8:30 this morning for Spring Cleaning!!! Here are the to-do’s I have accomplished so far today:
- dealing with the mail that came while we were away (reviews to come – POM, Doctor Kracker)
- putting away the groceries delivered from Fresh Direct
- unpacking our trip stuff
- cleaning the bathrooms, mirrors, floors, kitchen
- reorganizing my entire closet
- swapping out winter items for spring items
- creating a huge pile of things we no longer want
- taking one gigantic load of clothing to the dry cleaners
- taking another gigantic load of clothing to the Salvation Army
- getting the rest of the groceries and using some coupons (review to come – Oikos)
- taking care of random businessish e-mails
Whew! I have a ton more to do tomorrow but I’ve definitely gotten a very good start. For eats I packed this snack while A and I were carting our stuff all over the Slope.
1serving of Doctor Kracker Apple Crisps and a large pear I split with A. The dry cleaner is the opposite direction of Salvation Army (which is the opposite direction of the grocery store) so we ended up doing some trekking.
When I got home I opened my fresh, cut papaya from Fresh Direct.
I ate about half of the container. I love tropical fruits (starfruit, passionfruit, mango, guava, aloe) but I think papaya isn’t a favorite of mine.
Tonight I have more fun in store, I was invited to a blogger event in Manhattan at 6. I’m not quite sure what the deal is but it sounds like fun (it’s at a Spa!) and I’m taking a co-worker from school. A and I are also hoping to catch a late movie.
There are hors d’ouevres served at the event so I’m not sure what my food situation will be before the movie, but I’m sure I’ll do some snacking! See you later!
What is your favorite *tropical* fruit?
Have you done your spring cleaning yet?