Sorry for the two day absence, work has been hard and I’ve been feeling really sad lately. I feel like these last two years have really taken a lot out of me. I don’t take care of myself and I’m still not successful at work. I don’t get enough sleep, I don’t eat healthy enough, I don’t get to work out. Plus my skin has been freaking out lately which doesn’t really help. I don’t have any food pics but I can’t post quite this much negativity. In spite of it all, I managed to make a list of the things (related to this experience) I am grateful for.
Reasons my 2 years at my school were a blessing
- I got to explore my undergrad degree, even if I never use it again
- I feel gangsta telling people I work in East New York
- for a small number of kids, I did have a huge impact. There are students who I can genuinely see education/emotional/social growth in that I know I had a part of developing
- it gave me a chance to spend two years living in nyc
- even without regular gym time carrying my huge work bag has built up my arm strength to all time highs
- I realized while doing this job how passionate I am about getting proper nutrition education to low-income areas
- A and I will always know to appreciate the little things in life after this
What blessings have you found in struggles?