My name is Emily and this is my blog.
While I have to credit all the fabulous food bloggers who come before me (including Kath from katheats.com; Jenna at eatliverun.com and Christine of Self’s eatlikeme) for inspiration, I’m taking this “journey” (first and last time I’ll be this corny) out of frustration. I derive inspiration, amusement, camaraderie, and more from the aforementioned blogs, but I cannot really connect. My life seems to have no parallel with theirs:
- I am recently married (December 28, 2007) and my husband and I are working on getting through our first year with minimal bloodshed
- I live in a one-room studio in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I have no closets and my bathroom was a closet!
- I am about to begin my second year teaching middle school English in East New York (at a formerly failing school)
- I love my job but I’m pretty sure I just spent 4 years of undergrad training for the wrong career; it seems my passion lies in nutrition – BUT I’m not sure I can take the leap back to school
- While my favorite foods are healthy foods I in no way have a “clean diet.” My popcorn obsession puts me in a different class of eaters than the food bloggers I’ve seen!
So I’m starting this blog to represent all of the rest of us. Also…due to a ridiculously stressful 1st year of teaching and a husband who eats like five husbands I gained 10 pounds over the last half a year. That’s enough to make me still smaller than most of America, but unable to fit into my pants! I’ve read the studies; food blogs are the most successful addition to a healthy diet and exercise in aiding weight-loss. Let’s hear it for accountability.